Monday, January 24, 2011

Sticky Toffee Pudding

So, what have you been doing during these cold winter days? Lighting the long dormant fire? Sipping hot tea in your favorite polka-dot wooly socks? Or flicking through those annoying travel magazines dreaming of sunny days on sunblest beaches?

Well, dream you may, but for me, this is the time for comfort food! Yes, something cozy. something gooey. Somthing warm and sticky. Something hot and sweet. Yes, it's time for, it's time for....

'Sticky Toffee Pudding!' (hooray!)

Did you ever wonder how the British and Irish survive those ever so long dreary winters? Endless rainy days and freezing fog? Knitting perhaps? Or cracking good chat shows on the dear old BBC? No, here's how....'sticky toffee pudding', and lots of it.


Go into any decent pub, small hotel or restaurant in Britain and they'll have mountains of this wonderful stuff flowing with sticky, buttery toffee sauce. Why, some people judge restaurants not on the elegance of their wine list, but on the quality of their sticky toffee pudding! Forget the entree, with desserts this good we should just skip the steak and jump straight into the pud! Life is much too short.

You can tell I love this dish, right? Yes I do, and honestly, every time I make this and serve it to guests we have folks performing 'backflips' over how good it is. America did not know what she was missing!

Now, I've piqued your interest at this point. right? and you know I have a killer recipe for this superb dessert, right? So, where is it? Well, I do have a killer recipe for this pudding, and it will be in my upcoming book, 'The Shamrock & Peach', but for this blog entry I've decided to just share my joy and tease you into action. So, here's what... if you want the recipe, jump onto my website; http://www.theulsterkitchen.com/, send me an e-mail, and I'll send the recipe to you. How's that?

It's a true winter comfort food, and once you learn the recipe you will spend a lifetime perfecing it, then you will pass it on to yor kids. Trust me, it's that good.

So, throw another log on that fire and light up the stove! Winter can have it's blessings!

Enjoy!
Judith the Irish Foodie

1 comment:

  1. This looks fabulous! A friend who visited the Irish Festival in Savannah gave me your link, and I am so glad he did! Look forward to getting to know you better through your sites. :)

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave me a comment on the food, or any other aspect of Irishness. Enjoy!