Paddy's Chocolate Mint Pie with an Orange Twist:
• 1 ½ cups chocolate wafer cookie crumbs
• 2 oz butter (1/4 cup butter)
• 32 large marshmallows (8 ½ oz)
• ½ cup (4 fl oz )whole milk
• ¼ cup Crème de menthe
• 2-3 drops of green food coloring
• 2 Tbsp Baileys Irish Cream or white chocolate liqueur
• 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
• sprigs of Mint (to garnish)
• Chocolate Orange sauce (to drizzle)
• 1 orange (use to zest and segment)
1. To make crust crush cookies in food processor and combine with melted butter. Press in to the bottom of 8 lightly buttered ramekin dishes or a 9” spring form pan. Set pan aside.
2. In a medium saucepan over low heat melt marshmallows in milk stirring with a wooden spoon. Allow to cool.
3. Stir in the Crème de Menthe, Baileys and a few drops of food coloring. Beat heavy whipping cream on to soft peaks appear and slowly fold in green marshmallow mixture.
4. Pour in to prepared ramekins or spring form pan.
5. To serve pies place in center of plate, garnish with a slice of segmented orange and a little orange zest and a spring of mint. Drizzle plate with the Chocolate Orange Sauce.
Orange Chocolate Sauce
• 1 (12 ounce can) evaporated milk
• 12 oz quality semi sweet chocolate
• 1 Tbsp melted butter
• ¼ cup fine granulated sugar
• 1 Tbsp Orange Liqueur or 1 tsp orange essence
1. In a double boiler over a low heat stir together the milk, chocolate and sugar stirring constantly until melted. Remove from heat.
2. Beat in the butter and orange liqueur. Pour in to a glass jar and store in the refrigerator for up to a month.
(As ever, please be truely 'green' by not printing this recipe directly from the blog. Instead copy & paste into Word & print from there. That way, ol' St. Pat will be smiling...)